We located a house in the area of Wesley Chapel, FL that meets all of our needs! We closed on it and have been working to get it ready to move into, hopefully by the 20th of April.
What a difference this is! Several things have surprised us. For example, we’re surprised how much we’ve forgotten about buying a house. We got too busy and forgot to call the electric utility in time – surprise the power was off, it was Good Friday, and there was no way to get it back on until at least Tuesday. We had to laugh at ourselves.
Other things that we’re learning over, or learning for the first time:
- How hard it is to clean a “new” house
- How much trouble it is to deal with local and state bureaucracies (although some web based services are actually easier than ever)
- Finding second hand furniture is SO much easier these days with the internet
- Personal safety concerns. For the past 8 years we’ve been very open about our location and activities. Now that we own a fixed residence we need to consider OPSEC (operations security for you civilians).
- OMG, I need to find a place to store this motorhome!
I’ll be making another post to catch up on the blog. It’s been a busy few weeks!