We went to the “Florida RV Supershow“ on Saturday and looked at dozens of trailers. Most were either too big or too small or had bunk beds etc. Felt a little like Goldilocks trying out the bears beds. Then we saw two trailers from Coachmen that we liked, both are Freedom Express Ultra Lights, models 248 RBS and 246 RKS. Neither fulfills every one of our desires, but both would be acceptable.
The current version of our “wish list” is:
- Travel trailer with empty weight under 5,000 lb
- Both a dinette and a couch
- NO bunk beds
- A propane oven (NOT just a microwave convection oven)
- Prefer no kitchen appliances on a slide (just my preference)
- Accessible for use with slides in
- Good shower & bathroom config (prefer separate toilet with door, but unlikely on this size RV)
- “Large” Fresh and waste tanks (in this size trailer would love to have 50 fresh/40 each black and gray)
- Good storage inside and out
One plus that the 248 RBS has is an outside kitchen complete with small refrigerator, grill, sink, drawers and a cabinet. We think that would be great!